All malpractice contracts are not created equally...
And all companies do not charge the same rate for their malpractice contracts. How do you know if you are receiving all the premium credits you have earned ? Good question!
Here's a list of some common Credits and Discounts our physicians and medical groups enjoy:
- Claims Free: earn up to 20% credit with a clean claim history
- On-Line Risk Management: earn 5% credit for three years
- Electronic Health Records: earn 5% credit with a CCHIT certified EHR
- Limited Practice: work 21 hours or less, up to 75% credit
- Moonlighting: Primary coverage elsewhere, up to 75% credit based on hours worked
- New to Practice: 50% and 25% credit available during the first two years in practice
- Shoulder Dystocia: complete CD-ROM course and exam, earn 5% for two years
- Fetal Heart Monitoring: On-line course completion, earn 5% for three years
- Orthopedic Seminar: Massachusetts Orthopedic Association, 5% for three years
- Schedule Rating Plan: have a practice or group with better experience, preferred class, and claims history than the others, earn additional premium credits
For more information regarding our medical malpractice programs, please contact:
John Herlihy, CIC, Director, Medical Malpractice Division