The majority of us have our personal information out in the digital world.
If you do anything online these days you have been entered into a world of cyber risk! The internet has taken us into a digital world where identity theft, ransomware and computer viruses have the potential to be just as destructive as fires, floods or any other property damage.
Herlihy Insurance Group would just like to share a reminder about a few cyber security strategies that are simple to implement and may improve the security of your personal information:
- Protect your WI-FI network at home with a strong password
- Change your passwords every 6 months
- Use a pass phrase instead of passwords (a passphrase is a string of words)
- Set up a guest internet password at home if you have frequent guests
- Store your passwords in a secure location. Check out secure online password vaults and managers like lastpass.com and dashlane.com
- Use one network for connected appliances and a separate network for your computers, tablets and phones
- Download software updates as soon as they are available
- In addition to these strategies there are also a few software solutions that you may want to check out. Cyberscount.com is an example of a software that provides cyber security services
There is also Cyber Insurance available as an option for both individuals and businesses. There are many different types of Cyber Insurance products out there. Here is a list of coverage highlights from a few cyber insurance policies:
- Fraudulent Funds Transfer: Provides protection against the loss of stolen funds stolen from and account due to a cyber attack
- Cyber Bullying: Covers related costs as a result of an insured or family member being victimized by cyber bullying
- Social Engineering: Coverage if authorized account user is deceived into wiring money from your account.
If you would like any info on the insurance protection that you can add to your insurance program or any additional information on cyber insurance, please let us know!