Disability insurance provides financial protection if you become disabled and are unable to work for an extended period of time. If you rely upon your wages to pay your bills and maintain your lifestyle, disability insurance should be part of your insurance program.
At Herlihy Insurance Group we have witnessed the financial and emotional impact of an accident or illness that results in the inability to work. That is why we speak with our clients about this protection.
Here are a few facts about disability that we like to share:
- At least 51 million Americans are without any form of disability coverage.
- Only 48% of Americans indicate they have 3 months of savings to cover expenses if they are unable to work.
- Before the age of 65 statistics show that the odds of a disability event are more than twice as high as the chance of a premature death.
Our professionals have the experience and the knowledge to identify your needs, evaluate your options and provide a policy that will satisfy your needs. Our simplified approach includes:
Here are some important points to consider when reviewing Disability Insurance protection
- Identify your need for Disability Insurance.
- Establish the Monthly Disability Limit and the Waiting Period.
- Obtain quotes from the various insurance companies and determine the best insurance company based upon underwriting guidelines, pricing and the financial rating of the insurance company.
- Submit your disability insurance application.
- Following the approval of your application, deliver and review your policy.
- Review your Disability Insurance needs every 3 to 5 years.